I just couldn't leave this alone. The lily-pad at the bottom was just too light... so I spent a little time with it this morning, and now I am happy. I am giving it to my friend this weekend.... it's done now, I'm sure of it. :)
I did make a few subtle changes to this before I called it "done". I really had fun with this painting. I really hope my friend likes it. Maybe I will get back to painting the flowers in the blue vase this week. :)
Here is the progress I made on the frog in the lily pond yesterday. I really like taking my time on this and not rushing it. Working in little spurts gives me time to look at the painting and see what it needs... Still so much to be done...
I made a little more progress on this painting last night. I am doing this for a friend who does our taxes every year (She charges far too little for putting up with us, and I wanted to do something nice for her.) I am really pleased with the way this is coming out, I don't have to rush, so I am really enjoying the process.
I know, I should be done with this by now, but I'm not. I can't work on it for very long in one sitting, and the day-job work has been keeping me really busy... but at least I am making a little progress on it... still a long way to go...
A little more progress was made on the frog on the lilly pads painting I started the other day. I think that flower is popping nicely...Today, after I finish up the ad changes I am working on for the day-job, I will add some red to it, and continue on with some more of the lilly pads.
I'm not quite up to working on the acrylic painting I have been working on of the flowers yet, but I started a small painting yesterday for a friend. I am doing this with Derwent Inktense water soluble Ink Pencils. So far the process for this painting was finding a photo of a frog and another photo of lilly pads and doing a little photoshop magic, sketching and transfering to watercolor paper, masking off the white areas and starting to put in the background. I am starting out light, that background will get much darker, but I wanted some undercolor so that I can create some depth. I think it's a good start. :)