Friday, June 13, 2014

I get bye with a Little Help from my friends...



I was talking to a friend of mine about Vincent Van Gogh, I thought I had read that he never sold a painting during his lifetime. Turns out I was wrong, Van Gogh sold one painting in his lifetime.

My point to my friend (who has purchased several of my artworks) was, how could that be true? Didn't he have any friends? Turns out that the painting he did sell (Red Vineyard at Arles (The Vigne Rouge)) was sold to Anna Boch. Vincent was a friend of her brother, Eugène Boch...

Friends are the GREATEST! So a big shout out to all my friends and family who have bought my paintings! Thanks for your support! You're the best! As the Beatles song goes... "I get bye with a little help from my friends..." :)

I've been playing around with waterscapes lately. I just finished this watercolor painting. Although I am happy with the way this came out, it's not what I was going for. I wanted more of a hilly-sandy looking beach. The problem is that I got too close to the grass so to speak... I think to get the "look" I was going for, I need to "widen" the view so to speak, and make the sandy wills in the foreground, and some grasses more toward the water, like the middle ground of the composition. I will try that next time.

2 comments:

  1. Even though this wasn't the look you were going for, it came out nicely. It will be lovely and peaceful framed on the wall.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Theta, I'm going to mat it and try and sell it at a local art show called ArtBeat in South Bend Indiana in August. I just found out yesterday that I was accepted by the jury. I'm excited about it... :)

    ReplyDelete