Tuesday, December 17, 2013

Bagels & Lox Painting - Work In Progress

I thought I would try a still-life of Bagels & Lox on a gallery wrapped canvas with acrylic paints. This is the first step or my "under-painting" that I did last night. I am finding it quite difficult to go from watercolors to acrylic for "realistic" painting. I know that I have to be careful of how much water I add to the paint. I tried using some slow-dry blending medium, but that makes the paint have almost a "honey" consistency. I saw a video the other day from a woman put on youtube where she used airbrush liquid to get a real watery blend. I might have to get some of that. I don't know if this painting will make it, but I am thinking of it as a learning experience, so even if it ends up with a think coat of gesso at some point, that is ok.

No comments:

Post a Comment